skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
We're not done yet
There's a note taped to the wall above the light switch in the women's bathroom at my school that reads:
Due to safety concerns, the women's bathroom light must stay on during open hours.
Feminism can never be an irrelevant philosophy while signs like this are still needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Arwyn
Portland, OR, United States
Raising My Boychick has moved: please visit and update links to
www.raisingmyboychick.com
.
I'm a walking contradiction: knitting feminist fulltime parent, Wiccan science-minded woowoo massage student, queer-identified male-partnered monogamist, body-loving healthy-eating fat chick, unmedicated sane and stable bipolar. But it feels all-me.
You can contact me at arwyn at raisingmyboychick dot com.
View my complete profile
OK, but I want to know more!
New to this blog? Wondering what I'm all about?
Try here for a starting point, and a synopsis of what I've written so far
.
Also check out
the beta comment policy
. Comments are love.
Subscribe To
Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments
Places you'll find me
MDC -- MotheringDotCommune
The Babywearer
Ravelry
Raise the Change
Blog Archive
▼
2009
(126)
►
August
(4)
►
July
(20)
►
June
(13)
►
May
(18)
►
April
(15)
►
March
(17)
►
February
(18)
▼
January
(21)
I feel like I'm losing my mother
Why I'm not blogging
Closer to understanding the domestic goddess
Are you a good parent? quiz memes, or, the always-...
The ways I make my child cry
Can we stop saying patriarchy is good for men?
A day late and a Boo Yaa short
Something I said in my last post has been bugging me
This is why it matters
Toddler friendships (or, bath and cheese-eating pi...
"...there's my rabbit, Bob, and his bunny wife Bob"
We're not done yet
Tomorrow I go back to school (or, hello self-indul...
A minor talent
Man as babywearer (or, this site needs pictures)
What does a feminist mother look like?
Pro-choice, sure, but pro choice-feminism?
Is domesticity anti-feminist?
Blast from the past
The USA is misogynist and anti-family, or, I am no...
Penises, vulvas, and other interesting things
►
2008
(6)
►
December
(6)
Labels
parenting
(53)
patriarchy
(32)
blogging
(27)
attachment parenting
(24)
kyriarchy
(18)
off-topic
(16)
misogyny
(13)
societal pressures
(13)
white privilege
(12)
bipolar
(11)
fathers
(11)
privilege
(11)
breastfeeding
(10)
links
(10)
identity
(8)
massage
(8)
pictures
(8)
self-indulgent introspection
(8)
comment begging
(7)
fat is a feminist issue
(7)
gender roles
(7)
isms
(7)
language
(7)
racism
(7)
sexuality
(7)
Womanist/Feminist Parenting Primer
(6)
menstruation
(6)
babywearing
(5)
domesticity
(5)
male privilege
(5)
sleep
(5)
well crap
(5)
excuses
(4)
falling short
(4)
men
(4)
school
(4)
self-deprecation
(4)
Best Friend
(3)
USA
(3)
anatomy
(3)
attachment theory
(3)
chronic illness
(3)
environmentalism
(3)
food
(3)
introduction
(3)
meme
(3)
readers' choice
(3)
suffering
(3)
the double standard
(3)
violence against women
(3)
woo woo
(3)
I don't Twitter
(2)
Raise the Change
(2)
TV-free
(2)
body image
(2)
books
(2)
cisgender privilege
(2)
disablism
(2)
family un-friendly
(2)
female firsts
(2)
feminists don't laugh
(2)
foremothers
(2)
intersectionalism
(2)
pregnancy
(2)
punctuation
(2)
sick
(2)
5 things
(1)
Carnival of Feminist Parenting
(1)
I'm not a feminist but...
(1)
Murphy's Law
(1)
PSA
(1)
abortion
(1)
anti-child hate
(1)
birthday
(1)
body
(1)
bumper stickers
(1)
caffeine
(1)
free will
(1)
geekiness
(1)
grandiosity
(1)
green eggs and spam
(1)
homebirth
(1)
in(ter)/dependence
(1)
it takes a village
(1)
migraine
(1)
new digs
(1)
politics
(1)
sex
(1)
technology
(1)
thyroid
(1)
toys
(1)
year in review
(1)
No comments:
Post a Comment