Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Changes they are a-comin'!

While I could go on about regretting that I didn't do this months ago, I'm instead just going to celebrate it now: I am the proud owner of RaisingMyBoychick.com! (Don't bother going, there's nothing really there at the moment.) I'm in the process of switching the blog over to WordPress at the new URL: everything except the content (which I'll transfer over wholesale) will be brand sparkly new. This means, alas, that all your RSS feeds are going to have to be updated.

Now, no reason to panic: when I say "I'm in the process", I mean "I am so overwhelmed by all of this I hardly know where to begin and am thinking of running away and hiding under the covers until it fixes itself", so, y'know, it'll be a little while.

I'll keep you all updated: for most of you, reading in RSS, this won't affect anything, except for being irritating in that you have to switch feeds (but not yet!). I hope, however, it will make navigating the blog much easier (I'll be able to display the Womanist/Feminist Parenting Primer properly!), and will definitely make things less frustrating for me doing the blogging (after, y'know, I learn my way around WordPress), which, in the long run, will be good for you, the reader, as I'll have even more incentive and ability to actually post the Grade A Quality Feminist Content y'all are here for!

...I hope.

So stick around: it'll be worth it. I have another (excellent!) WFPP post to go up later this week, and several topics brewing in my brain. I also have three midterms this week, but, assuming I survive, it shouldn't impact you too much.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sevan said...

best of best luck!!!

Carol said...

There are lots of really nice wordpress widgets and such - you'll have a ton of fun sifting through them. I would suggest getting something like Thesis (a pay theme) that has an excellent widget called Open Hook that makes it super easy to adjust everything and move the cyber furniture around.

Arwyn said...

Thanks Sara!

Hi Carol! I'm using an open source theme, similar to what you describe (but free-ish!). The widgets are a wee bit overwhelming, but yes, The Man (who is trying to not take this over as his project, bless his heart) and I are having fun. :) Any specific recommendations?

Carol said...

Are you specifically looking for behind the scenes widgets or fun and visible to the reader widgets? I'm in the process of fitting out a family blog so I'm no expert but I can share the ones I've found so far that I liked enough to load on.

Akismet, Broken Link Checker, Follow My Links, I am reading, Quote Rotator, WP-SpamFree, and Theme My Login.
I've found the tag cloud at the bottom of the 'Add new' page to be helpful.